Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Ye kynge is watchinge thee...


...and indeed he is. For this Introduction (if this brief Addreſs, of ſcarſely more value than the Horn-Book, may deſerve ſuch a name) is used, as a Sow-Gender does his Horn, that as by hearing of the latter, you may give a ſhrewd gueſs at his Busineſs; ſo by reading of the former, you may rightly understand my deſign: Which is only to publiſh in ſo plain a form my various thoughts & retaliations about things that I like, or others I diſapprove. This is not to become, as ſome would have it, an outlet to vent one's own Vanity; for indeed, some are ſuch fantaſtical Beaus in writing, that one would think that they conſider this as a mere Market-Stall through which they are to advertiſe themſelves as fiſh which is to be bunged off before it's rotten.



Therefore, Clarity being our firſt and foremoſt Vantage, I ſay that this is not about Me, or my Perſon (this being cunningly camouflaged by a heavy diſguiſe of archaic ſpeech and a royal coverup) but rather, of what little I have to offer in terms of Wit, Underſtanding, and Opinion.




"...the reſt is ſilence".

No comments: